Civitella del Tronto City
Civitella del Tronto is a town rich in art and history; the emotions of the past come to life in the fortress-city, certainly one of the most evocative centers of ours
Province and in 2008 it entered the exclusive club of the most beautiful villages in Italy by right.
The emblem of Civitella is the Bourbonic Fortress, a true masterpiece of military engineering, with its 25,000 square meters of surface area which make it the largest in Europe.
Built by the Spaniards between 1564 and 1576 to resist the enemy, the Fortress was the last bastion of the Kingdom of Naples during the Risorgimento struggles for the unification of Italy.
Enviable for its panoramic position overlooking the hills below, the fort seduces with its three parade grounds, bastions and walkways and inside the museum which still tells its story today. It preserves in the urban layout numerous medieval and Renaissance buildings enclosed within the walls. The central via Mazzini and via Roma are dotted with stately homes such as the 14th century Palazzo del Conte de Termes. There are also numerous suggestive and mysterious alleys, among which Ruetta stands out, the narrowest street in Italy. Among the religious buildings we note the sixteenth-century Church of San Lorenzo, with its important 18th-century furnishings, the Romanesque San Francesco which preserves a valuable wooden choir from the fifteenth century.
A few meters away, the monument to the memory of the Irish hero Matteo Wade, commander of the fort when, in 1806, the stronghold of Civitella was placed under siege by the French for four months. And again the suggestive Convent of Santa Maria dei Lumi (1466) and the Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli dated between the 15th and 16th centuries. Not far from the town, in the Gole del Salinello, we find the Hermitage of San Michele Arcangelo, better known as the Grotta di Sant’Angelo. Here the excavations have brought to light finds ranging from the Neolithic to the Roman age.
Finally, the Benedictine Abbey of Montesanto certainly deserves a visit, documented since 1064, a spiritual place of excellence, as it is immersed in the silence of a wooded hill on which it was built, according to tradition, by the work of San Benedetto himself .
Request information in the form below
What the guests of our Residence love
- On the seafront of Giulianova Lido
- Family Residence
- Book online, pay at the hotel
Discounts for the restaurant
The guests of the residence can use the restaurant of the residence with special favorable conditions: